Visitors

Thursday, March 10, 2016

HANDSOME BACHELOR SEEKS LUNCH

March 10, 2016

Bad news.  and sad. The Los Angeles Zoo has lost a sweet koala.  The marsupial lived in a relatively open compound.  Griffith Park is a huge oasis in the middle of LA :  Over 4,000 acres of mountains, recreation and at least one roaming cougar.  (I was about to make a women over 40 joke, but changed my mind.)  Mountain Lion P-22 has been sighted entering the LA Zoo and is the prime suspect in the mauling of Killarney, the deceased koala, found just outside its pen.    I am truly sorry for the loss of the little koala, but hope that LA Councilman Mitch O'Farrell (with whom I almost always agree) does not succeed in relocating the cat to some distant neck of the woods.  Griffith Park is a wild place and P-22 is simply doing his best to survive.  More security at the Zoo may be a good idea. I like the idea that we can enjoy the beauty of the 'wilderness' in the center of the City.  P-22 is a wild animal and has, evidently, traveled all the way from the Santa Monica Mountains to make his home in the Park. Condolences to the Zoo for this loss.  Good luck working out security to keep all the the animals safe.

In the "No good deed goes unpunished" department.  

I have a special item from my stuff that I wanted to lay on a collector whom I have only met one time.  I contacted him on FB to ask for his mailing address so that I could send it to him.  He did not understand the term 'snail mail address' and is, evidently, having some personal problems. He was communicating on FB via a cell phone which was "dying."  I am very sorry for people who are abandoning communication in the old fashioned way.  I see people with their noses in their phones, even sitting in cafe where I always thought that it was time to be with family or a friend.  This guy said he was at the hospital and had a bad signal. I hope whomever he's helping is okay.  This is a lesson learned for me.

I've been noticing the differences in my view daily and hope that I'll figure out how to do a big old installation with them at the end of the year.  The Vernal Equinox is coming up in a few days, marking the first quarter of this project.  Daylight savings time kicks in this coming weekend. It'll be interesting to see how that effects the images from my porch. 

Spring back Saturday Night!  

March 10, 2016
michaelsheehan


No comments:

Post a Comment