Visitors

Monday, March 7, 2016

BIG NINO? BIG THUNDER! OXYMORON?

March 7, 2016

Early this morning, when I mistook the thunder, lightning and rain on the patio cover for my alarm clock, I wondered why I'd set the alarm.. I had not! I was awake way too early.  Delving back into Sophie's World, I read and re-read about Kierkegaard's ideas and do my best to understand them.  Ironically, this book is written so's a mid teen can understand it.  Magical reality and all.  

There's some slightly scary stuff going on with telephone solicitors now.  They have access to our phone numbers and addresses. One rude guy is now calling daily just to annoy me.  The aggression of these people is only problematic if they show up at the door.  They call from 'ghost' numbers that are not traceable.. at least not by me.  It's just blather and that's that. 

My review of Fengar Gael's play Opaline is now up with photos.  The photos are gorgeous! The play is a challenge, but if you 'get' where the playwright is coming from and ignore the performances, it's a trip.  I am a fan of this woman's work.


The swift strike of El Nino this AM came hard and fast.  The big vacant lot just over the hill will be greener and that's a good thing.  

I've been hoping to share art here in LA with folks and having done that a little last week with Leon Dudevoir was really fun.  The Broad needs another tour by me, too.  I want to sit in front of Ed Ruscha's painting "Draw 100 1950 Fords From Memory" and see if I can actually do it.  This from a guy who is way off on the margin of rendering things that look like something. 

Sunshine. Blue skies and now they are gray again! 

March 7, 2016
michaelsheehan 

No comments:

Post a Comment